Weight loss is almost universal in its appeal; whether a person wants to lose a lot of weight or just a little, it seems that everyone is interested in the “secret” to achieving weight loss and then maintaining that optimum weight.
You CAN lose weight and keep it off!
Call us to find out how: 813-882-8373
We don’t promote any “latest and greatest” weight loss diet fads. Most are only designed to make money for the companies promoting them, not necessarily to encourage better health. In many cases, the patient ends up gaining back the weight that was lost – and a few more pounds in addition. That is not a successful plan.
Our strategy is something we refer to as Diet Therapy for Health. This is based on the idea that food itself is medicine that you take every day. This is not new; diet therapy has been used for thousands of years in China to promote not only weight loss and good health, but to treat a variety of diseases.
Many of our patients regularly have what are called “Chinese medicinal meals”. These meals consist of food that is prepared with the use of Chinese herbs. Many herbs are great to maintain proper health, and what better way to get them than with a tasty meal? Weight loss and feeling fit are a great result of a good diet.
In traditional western medicine practices, the patient shows up at the doctor’s office with a particular complaint – pain in a joint, an uneasy feeling in the stomach, allergies or any one of a variety of other conditions. The doctor usually prescribes a drug for the patient that will treat that particular symptom. There are even pills available today that are supposed to assist in weight loss. These treatments are very popular (and will continue to be) because they offer a fairly immediate fix to the problem (even if the fix is only temporary).
As an alternative, we offer a plan of treatment that encompasses more than just “fix today what is wrong today”. We prefer to see you have overall good health for your lifetime. Meeting that goal means achieving balance and harmony. If your body is out of balance in terms of the substances it needs, you will not be healthy.
What are some foods that are thought to be good for medicinal and weight loss purposes?
- Ginger – Generally thought of as an aid to digestion, Ginger is used for acidity in the stomach. Women in China commonly drink ginger mixed with wine and sesame oil right after they give birth.
- Sea Cucumber – A common ingredient in Chinese soups (along with bamboo, mushrooms and seasonings), sea cucumber is considered to have a positive effect on the body’s joints, and lowering high blood pressure.
- Chinese black mushrooms – These are also thought to lower the body’s blood pressure, and are commonly used in soups and stir-fry dishes.
- Dried Tangerine Peel – Generally thought to aid in digestion, these are easy to make at home – all you need is some tangerines.
- Fried potatoes with vinegar – This is another type of meal that can aid in lowering blood pressure.
Please remember that no matter what type of diet you are currently using, it is never too late to begin eating based on a healthy plan. When you call us and come in for an appointment, we can go over all of the details and options, and come up with a good strategy for you to lose weight and feel healthy again!
Weight loss doesn't have to be frustrating -
call us for information: 813-882-8373
We help with weight loss in Tampa, Clearwater, Westchase, Oldsmar, Town 'n' Country, Lutz and Safety Harbor.